Lawn & Garden Program
EARN AN INCENTIVE
when you go electric with your lawn and garden tools
Advances in battery technology have come a long way in recent years. More power is now being packed into batteries so your mower can speedily deliver a knock-out punch to your lawn.
- 10% incentive on any new battery powered or corded electric lawn mower.
- Must be brand new and purchased on or after June 1, 2021.
- Eligible mowers include: electric riding, walk behind or robotic.
- Incentive amount is based on purchase price (installation, taxes, delivery/shipping and setup costs are NOT eligible).
- Chargers and additional battery purchases are available for the incentive at time of initial mower purchase.
The following guidelines will generally apply. Exceptions will be handled on a case‑by‑case basis.
- Lawn and garden tools must be brand new (not used, previously owned or factory reconditioned) and purchased on or after June 1, 2021.
- Incentive amount is based on purchase price (installation, taxes and delivery/shipping costs are NOT eligible).
- No incentive(s) will be paid without the completion of the application form. The application form must be signed by the owner. The completed application form will then be submitted to the electric utility for processing. Sales receipt(s) or invoice(s) itemizing the lawn and garden tool(s) indicating the type, amount, and purchase date must accompany the incentive application.
- The incentive payment or account credit to the person responsible for purchasing the lawn and garden tool(s) will come directly from their local electric utility.
- Program is available to customers of Nebraska Public Power District (NPPD) and its participating wholesale utility customers. Participating utilities have the right to limit the quantity of incentives.
- Your local public power utility reserves the right to do random spot checks to ensure program compliance.
- Your local public power utility will make final determination of program compliance decisions and reserves the right to cancel the program with 30 days’ notice.
- Neither the local electric utility nor Nebraska Public Power District warrant the performance either expressly or implicitly. Contact the manufacturer, supplier, or contractor for details regarding material warranties.
- Program is subject to the terms and conditions as outlined on the application and to the General Guidelines.